WASP-ED Director Fredrik Heintz is one of three keynote speakers at the event “AI Imaginaries in Education: Hitting the target but missing the point?” in Stockholm on September 8, 2022.
The event, Digital Futures for Education, is part of a new series of conversations and events that bring together key actors from academia, civil society, and the private and public sectors. Fredrik will participate to the opening session, discussing the opportunities and risks of deploying AI and, more specifically, automation in higher education. Register by the 7th September at the latest to take part of this conversation.
- Annika Bergviken Rensfeldt, Associate Professor, Gothenburg University
- Fredrik Heintz, Professor, Linköping University
- Loïs Vanhée, Associate professor, Department of Computing Sciences, Umeå University
Moderator: Cormac McGrath, Stockholm University & Digital Futures Faculty Member
- Will AI help students develop critical and creative thinking and collaborative and communication skills? Or will it help students to approve university assignments and exams?
- Will AI use, in particular, automation, bring us to understand student learning better? Or will it encourage the emergence of surveillance practices and invasion of student privacy at universities?
- What does it mean to design, develop, deploy, and use AI responsibly in higher education?